1834 - Aft 1917 (> 84 years)
||Alfred T. "Alf" Hennessee |
||28 Nov 1834
||Warren County, Tennessee [1, 2, 3]
||Scott, Sharp County, Arkansas 
|Also Known As
||Alfred Tinsel Hennessee  |
|Also Known As
||Alfred Townsley Malchizadek Hill Hennessee  |
||A. G. Henesee  |
||Alfred Henisee  |
||CSA Veteran  |
||Shelbyville, Sharp County, Arkansas 
||Y  |
- On his son's farm (William)
||The Hennessee Family
||8 Oct 2014 |
||Henry D(avid) Hennessee, b. 0___ 1805, Warren County, Tennessee , d. (Lawrence County, Arkansas) |
||Agnes Copeland, b. 1812, Overton County, Tennessee , d. (Fulton Co.,AR) |
||Warren County, Tennessee
||Warren County, Tennessee 
||Shelbyville, Sharp County, Arkansas
||Susan Ann Wasson, b. 0Mar 1837, Hazel Grove, Sharp County, Arkansas , d. (Sharp County, Arkansas) |
||10 May 1860
||Hazel Grove, Sharp County, Arkansas 
||(Sharp County) Arkansas 
||Sharp County, Arkansas 
| ||1. Mary E. Hennessee, b. 0___ 1862, Denning, Sharp County, Arkansas |
| ||2. John Alfred Hennessee, b. 13 Apr 1863, Shelbyville, Sharp County, Arkansas , d. 25 Feb 1940, (Sharp County, Arkansas) (Age 76 years)|
| ||3. James Henry Hennessee, b. 26 Aug 1865, Reeds Creek, Lawrence County, Arkansas , d. 19 Jan 1947, Saffell, Lawrence County, Arkansas (Age 81 years)|
| ||4. Thomas Hennessee, b. 0___ 1868, Scott, Sharp County, Arkansas , d. (BEFORE 1880), (Scott, Sharp County, Arkansas) |
| ||5. Ann Hennessee, b. 0Aug 1869, Scott, Sharp County, Arkansas , d. 0___ 1880, (Scott, Sharp County, Arkansas) (Age ~ 10 years)|
| ||6. Rebecca Ann "Beaks" Hennessee, b. 0___ 1870, Scott, Sharp County, Arkansas |
| ||7. William Zachariah "Bill" Hennessee, b. 2 Jun 1872, Sharp County, Arkansas , d. 10 Feb 1939, Tuckerman, Jackson County, Arkansas (Age 66 years)|
| ||8. Minnie Adaline Hennessee, b. 9 May 1879, Sharp County, Arkansas , d. 11 Dec 1932, (Sharp County) Arkansas (Age 53 years)|
||Alf & Susie Hennessee|
Alfred T. Hennessee (1834-
Susan Ann Watson Hennessee (1837-
Photo provided Jerry & Ruth Still, October 8, 2014 | 269.463.3026 | email@example.com
||Great Grandsons of Alfred Hennessee (1834-1917)|
James Monroe Hennessee (1930-1998)
Edgar Dennis "Jack" Hennessee (1924-1992)
Photo taken circa 1936, Saffell, Arkansas and provided by Jerry Wayne Still (grandson to James)
||26 Apr 2017 |
- From: "Ginger Turner"
To: "David Hennessee"
Subject: Alf Hennessee and family
Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 1:51 PM
Alfred T. Hennessee, McMinnville, Warren Co. Tn
Susan Wasson b. March 1837, Tennessee
James Wasson b. Tennessee, d. bef. 1870, Hazel Grove, Sharp Co. Ar.
Rebecca Williams b. 1811, Ky d. aft. June 11, 1880 Hazel Grove, Scott twp, Sharp Co. Ar.
Rebecca states in the 1880 Census Scott Twp., Sharp Co., AR that she was born in NC. Whereas her children listed her as being born in either TN or KY.
1880 Scott Twp., Sharp Co., AR Census
Family # 117
Wasson Rebecca W F 69 Widowed Keeping House Debilily? NC NC NC Wasson Martha W F 26 Dau AR NC NC
Age could be 20
Wasson Pecoony W M 3 Gr. Son AR AR AR
I do not know if Rebecca is buried on the farm or not but do remember my dad taking me to the home place and pointing up the hill and saying that is where Alf Hennessee is buried and there is a little colored girl buried there to who lived with them. When I talked to my grandma Minnie Hennessee, Alf's granddau. she also told me that Alf was buried on the farm and there was a little colored girl buried there to. I asked grandma several times if she was a slave and she would say no, she was a servant. I few years later while going through some books on Cherokee Indians I read where they owned slaves but referred to them as servants, Bingo. I see where my notes say Susan was buried there also and that was done back in 1980's so will leave it at that as 20 years have passed and that was written just after I had interviewed grandma.
Notes on Alf:
First AR Reg 30 Day Volunteers, CSA, Co. E
Hennessee, A T (or A F) - Private, later served in Co. C, 45th Arkansas Infantry
This company was organized in Scott Township, Lawrence (now Sharp) County, Arkansas, by Captain Joshua Wann. The company enlisted for 30 days on Nov. 19, 1861, and was discharged on Dec. 19, 1861, at Camp Borland, near Pocahontas, AR. Most of these men were landowners in what is now Sharp County, and many of them subsequently enlisted in Co. B, 38th AR. Infantry Regiment.
45th AR. Cavalry, Co. C
Henisee, A. T., Pvt - Co. C - age 25, born Tennessee
1. Mary E. Hennessee, correct, Richard Ward, b. Wards Cem. Sharp Co. Ar.
2. John A. Hennessee, correct, I also have a child by John and Minnie named Martha Jane but no notes to verify this. John and Callie married in Sharp Co. Ar. book F-357
3.Richard Hennessee, this is all I have to
4.Callie F. Hennessee, this is all I have on her to.
5. Mahalia F. Hurley b. March 1, 1867, Ar. d. Aug. 11, 1930, Independence Co. Ar.
Notes:Feb 15, 2000
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Kay Butcher)
To: Shanghai31@aol.com (Queet Jaco)
1900 Lawrence Co., AR Census, Reeds Creek Twp.
HENNESSEE, James Head Aug 1865 34 md. 13 yrs. Farmer AR TN TN
Frances Wife Mar 1867 33 md. 13 yrs. 5/2 AR TN TN
Julia dau. Dec 1892 7 AR AR AR
John A. son Jan 1898 2 AR AR AR
5/2 means 5 children born - 2 living.
Hennessee, James H. 8/26/1865 1/19/1947
Mahaley F. 3/1/1867 8/11/1930 Wife
Martha J. 8/26/1888 3/18/1897 Dau of J.H. and M. F.
Independence Co. Marshal Township, Union Cem.
1920 Reeds Creek twp, Lawrence Co. Ar. census
HENNESSEE, James, 54, Ar/Tn/Tn
Mahalia, 52, Ar/Tn/Tn
John A. 22, Ar.
Tom T., 18 Ar
Annie, 11 Ar
1920 Reeds Creek, Lawrence Co. Ar. census
Dora, 1879, Ar.( The last name is Long, dad was M.A. Long)
Bertie F., 1901, Ar.
Elzia D. (m), 1903, Ar
Alma M. 1905, Ar. Alma married John Henry Hennessee (guessing)
James R., 1912, Ar. (Mahalia Frances Hurley, wife of James Henry Hennessee) 52, Ar/Tn/Tn John A. 22, Ar. Tom T., 18 Ar Annie, 11
6. Mahalia Hennessee, have same info as you
7. Beaks Hennessee, same as you. She may be Rebecca?
8. Sarah Hennessee, same as you
9. Thomas Hennessee, same as you
10. Ann Hennessee, b. Aug, 1869, same
11. Rebecca, Notes:
March 16, 2000
From: email@example.com (Jean Mayfield Cuevas)
To: Shanghai31@aol.com (Queet Jaco)
Marriage Index: Arkansas, 1850-1900
Hennessee, Rebecca Spouse: Roberts, J. H.
Marriage date: Jun. 26, 1887
Source: County Court Records
Microfilm Number: 1290001-1290005
ROBERTS, J. H. -- HENNESSEE, Rebecca; 18 Hazel Grove / 17 Hazel Grove; 26
June 1887; by S. H. Erwin; J. H. Hennessee. "parents of both consent". D:439
12. William Z. Hennessee, if this is all you have on him I can load you up as this is my line. Will send this info when I figure out how to do it again. LOL The mind is not what it use to be. William had a child named Minnie Adeline who married Early Azra Turner, who had a child named Scott Kendal Turner, who had ME, Ginger Pequita Turner, who had a child named Paquita Lanita Jaco.
Cuz Ginger 
- [S2192] "The Wiseman Family & Allied Lines, Vol. I", by Eugene Wiseman, published 1991, p. 484 (Reliability: 3).
- [S50837] "United States Census, 1880," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MNW5-NV5 : accessed.
- [S3366] "United States Census, 1910," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MKKM-QDZ : accessed.
- [S3430] From: Ginger Turner.
- [S3345] Jerry Still | 7 Oct 2014 | Telephone interview | 269.463.3026 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [S50801] "United States Census, 1870," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MNCF-1LQ : accessed.
- [S2754] From: "Ginger Turner" .
- [S28] "The Wiseman Family & Allied Lines, Vol. I", by Eugene Wiseman, published 1991, p. 484 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1101] Paquita Jaco | Family Group Records & Pedigree | 3 Oct 1999 | 1337 CR #275, Enterprise,AL 36330 | email@example.com.
- [S3486] 1840 Warren County Census,p.14.