1788 - 1854 (~ 66 years)
||Thomas Wilcher |
||Amherst County, Virginia [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
- is the county seat and is about 18 miles north of Lynchburg
||Farmer  |
|Also Known As
||Thomas W Wilcher  |
||Thomas Wilcher  |
||Warren County, Tennessee [3, 4, 5, 7]
||McMinnville, Warren County, Tennessee 
- probably in Liberty Cemetery...
||The Hennessee Family
||11 Mar 2017 |
||Thomas Wilcher, Sr., b. ~ 1745, (Amherst County) Virginia Colony , d. LATE 1816, McMinnville, Warren County, Tennessee (Age ~ 71 years) |
||(Nancy Anna) "Anne" (Walton) LNU, b. 24 May 1748, Amherst County, Virginia, British Colonies of America , d. 0___ 1831, McMinnville, Warren County, Tennessee (Age 82 years) |
||(Amherst County, Virginia Colony) [8, 9]
- Amherst County, Virginia was formed in 1761, from parts of Albemarle County, Virginia... http://bit.ly/1opXGkp
||Burke County, North Carolina 
||Liberty Community, Warren County, Tennessee [5, 10]
||Pauline C. "Polly" Gordon, b. 0___ 1785, Commonwealth of Virginia , d. Aft THOMAS, (Warren County) Tennessee |
||Burke County, North Carolina [3, 5, 11]
||Warren County, Tennessee 
||Warren County, Tennessee 
| ||1. Clarissa T. "Clarrie" Wilcher, b. 25 Sep 1806, Burke County, North Carolina , d. 16 Aug 1851, McMinnville, Warren County, Tennessee (Age 44 years)|
| ||2. Nancy Anne Wilcher, b. 9 Jan 1810, (Warren County) Tennessee , d. 6 Feb 1888 (Age 78 years)|
| ||3. William Walton Wilcher, b. 0___ 1812, Warren County, Tennessee , d. 1860-1870, Tennessee (Age ~ 58 years)|
| ||4. Thomas Wilcher, Jr., b. 0___ 1813, (Warren County) Tennessee , d. 0Apr 1853, (Amite County, Mississippi) (Age ~ 40 years)|
| ||5. Christian Wilcher, b. 16 Nov 1816, Warren County, Tennessee , d. 1 Jan 1900, Bartlett, Williamson County, Texas (Age 83 years)|
| ||6. Archibald Price "Arch" Wilcher, b. 0___ 1820, (Warren County) Tennessee , d. Aft 1880, Warren County, Tennessee (Age ~ 61 years)|
| ||7. George Walton Wilcher, b. 0___ 1828, Warren County, Tennessee |
| ||8. John T. Wilcher, b. 0___ 1839, (Warren County) Tennessee |
||25 Mar 2017 |
- From: Joan Williams Jomcwil
To: David Hennessee
Date: Monday, March 16, 1998 10:32 AM
I still have not gotten my scanner to work, but I do want to send you this info from Tennessee Tidbits 1118 - 1914 Vol III. Quoted.
WILCHER, Thos. Died in 1854 as shown in the suit of Wm. W. Wilcher et als vs Paulina Wilcher et als.
Thos. Wilcher had in his lifetime advanced land to Jno. Cain for the benefit of his family. Complainants were his heirs and Paulina Wilcher was the widow.
There are now seven children. Paulina is to have 1/8 share. (War TN, Ch Ct Min, 2/183) A suit was entered 25 March 1857 by Johnathan J. Tucker vs John T. Wilcher & others.
Thomas Wilcher Sr. had made a Deed of Trust to John Cain for the payment of some debts therein mentioned, and Secured to his wife and children.
He had several children among whom was Thomas Wilcher Jr. who died previous to his Father.
Thomas Sr. left as his children and heirs at Law
John T. Wilcher, Virginia Paulina Thomas & George. (Ibid 215)
Wm. W. Wilcher & Archable P. Wilcher bought part of the land. (Ibid 228) On 24 March 1858
Mrs. Biggs, wife of Wiley Biggs, and Mrs. Moore, wife of Thos. Moore, were privily examined by the Chancelor touching the disposition they wish to be made of their share of their decd. father's Estate. They say that their husbands may receive their share.
There were seven primary heirs,
Thos.Moore, Wiley Biggs, A. P. Wilcher, Wm. Wilcher, the children of Joseph M. Bragg by his late wife, Thos. Wilcher's children. (This is only six but A. P. Wilcher received two shares.) (Ibid 332)
A suit was shown 28 March 1859 by William W. Wilcher, Hugh T. Morrow & Christian his wife, Wiley Biggs & Nancy his wife agst. Paulina Wilcher, Archd. P. Wilcher (Patrick H. Braggs, Nancy Braggs, Paulina Braggs, Richd. M. Braggs Admr., Archd. Braggs, Mary Braggs, Saml. Braggs & Joseph Braggs), Thos. J. Moore & wife Amanda E., also Thos. Wilcher Jr. children, viz, Jno. Thos. Wilcher, Virginia Wilcher, Paulina Wilcher, Thos. Wilcher & George Wilcher & others. The estate was divided into 7 equal parts.
The 7 parts were:
1 & 2. A. P. Wilcher & as assignee of Morrow;
3. Heirs of Mrs. Bragg;
4. T. J. Moore & wife;
5. Wiley Biggs & wife;
6. Wm. W. Wilcher;
7. Thos Wilchers Heirs. (Ibid 385)
At the September term 1865 in the suit of K. P. Green vs. J. M. Bragg and et als (very dim entry) leave is granted complainant to insert the name of Thos Wilcher, Grandfather of Defts., instead of Clarissa Bragg, Mother of Defts. (Ibid 3/252)
Joan Williams reports that Charles WILCHER, born 1818, is living next door to William during the 1850 & 1860 Cannon Co.,TN censuses.
- 1830 Census: 211001-1021001
Came to Warren County about 1808...
- [S16990] "1830 Census - Middle Tennessee", Byron Sistler, 1971., p. 165 (Reliability: 3).
- [S46432] "United States Census, 1850," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MC63-7HC : accessed.
- [S46433] https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/3M6D-JMS.
- [S51401] Thomas Perkins Bragg, II Pedigree | 13 Sep 2013 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [S10625] "Thomas W. Wilcher, Jr." registry, submitted by Thomas Perkins Bragg, March 14th, 2011, email@example.com, which was.
- [S23] 1850 Warren Co.,TN Census, transcribed from a microfilm copy of the original, p. 18 (Reliability: 3).
- [S4072] From: Joan Williams Jomcwil .
- [S1355] Margaret Sinclair | Family Group Charts | 5 Aug 1995 | 4984 Welchshire, Memphis, TN 38117 | 901.767. 5101 Last Will.
- [S45677] https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/3M6D-JMQ.
- [S48604] Thomas Bragg | Abstraction | 14 Apr 2005 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [S20673] "McMinnville at a Milestone 1810-1960", by Walter Womack, published by, p. 120 (Reliability: 3).
- [S51402] Thomas W. & Pauline Gordon Wilcher, Jr. Registry | Compiled & Published by Tom Bragg, 12 Sep 2013 | email@example.com.
- [S49568] "United States Census, 1850," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MC63-7HC : accessed.